Networking Easy-Wire® CR and CH2 Testers
CR and CH2 testers store test programs in their own individual databases. You can put your Easy-Wire testers on a network and share files using the export/import function in Easy-Wire. However, this method can be tedious and inefficient. Installing the ‘Cirris Server Software’ creates one central Easy-Wire database for every Easy-Wire tester on your production floor.Having one central database allows you to:
- Edit and manage test programs from one location for all test stations.
- Manage security and login information for all users.
- Back-up, repair, and reduce the size of the database.
- View all test reports and test data from any test station in your network.
Where do I install the “Cirris Server Software”?You have two options for installing “Cirris Server Software:”
- Run the software directly on your company server.
- Run the software on a Windows based PC that is connected to your network.
So, what do I do next?After you install the software, you attach each CR and/or CH2 tester to the network server database.Less efficient: peer to peer network with separate databases: Recommended: “Cirris Server Software” network with one central database: HOW TO: For detailed instructions on how to install the “Cirris Server Software” and attach CR and CH2 testers to the shared database, see the CR Getting Started Guide or CH2 Getting Started Guide.