Our advanced tester offers robust high voltage testing capabilities, accommodating up to 1500 VDC and 1070 VAC. It’s adaptable, allowing expansion to 100,000 test points in increments of 156 points. The compact base and expansion chassis can hold up to 800 test points each.
The CH2 model is designed for intricate wire assemblies, including those with electrical components. By incorporating the optional Energization unit, it becomes possible to functionally test active components like relays.
Powered by the user-friendly Easy-Wire software, this tester simplifies the process with visual connector images and prompts, aiding in both assembly and troubleshooting tasks.
Each unit accommodates up to 800 test points. The system is expandable to 100,000 points with additional units. Easily distribute multiple test units around a large project.
Test assemblies with electrical components and multiple shields. Capable of 4-wire Kelvin measurements. Functionally test active components such as relays with the optional energization unit.
High Voltage Testing
Supports test voltages up to 1500 VDC / 1070 VAC. Integrates with optional external meters for expanded measurements
Optionally available with custom front panel connector interface. Easily rack-mounted for larger applications.
Graphic representations and operator visul and audio prompts simplifies the build process and troubleshooting. Compatible with Cirris Smart-Lights®.
Powerful software provides efficient test set-up and retrieval, operator access based on login, flexible test operation and reporting, and a test record archive.
Up to 800 points per box, in 160-point increments; 100,000 max. Cabling from base to test points boxes must be 200 feet (60 meters) or less.
Low Voltage Test
- Voltage: Standard 2.5 V max
- Current: 1 μA, 10 μA, 100 μA, 1 mA, 10 mA ±2%
- Resistance: 0.1 Ω to 1M Ω ±2% ±0.1 Ω
- Voltage: Standard 2.5 V max
- Current: 2 μA, 20 μA, 200 μA, 2 mA, 20 mA, 200 mA, 2 A ±2%
- Resistance: 0.001 Ω to 100 Ω ±2% ±0.001 Ω
- Diodes: 0 to 2.5 V
- (2-wire) 0.1 Ω to 1 MΩ ±2%
- (4-wire) 0.001 Ω to 1 MΩ ±2% ±0.001 Ω
- Capacitors: 10 pF to 5000 μF ±10% ±50 pF
- Twisted Pairs: Verify proper pairing in twisted pair cables
High Voltage Test
Insulation Resistance Test
- Voltage: 100 to 1500 VDC ± 5%, 10 to 100 VDC ± 5V
- Resistance: 5 MΩ to 1000 MΩ ±10%
Dielectric Withstand Test
- DC Voltage: 100 to 1500 VDC ± 5% or 10 to 100 VDC ± 5V
- AC Voltage: 100 to 1070 VAC ± 5%, 10 to 100 VAC ± 5V
- Current Limit: (DC) 10 μA to 2.5 mA, (AC) 10 μA to 2.5 mA (RMS)
- Max Capacitance Per Net: 30 nF @ 1500 VDC, 9.5 nF @ 1000 VAC
- HV Energy Limit: 35 mJ
- HV Charge Limit: 45μC
Max Points Per Net
10 Inputs / 10 Outputs, 30 V open collector, +12 V and +5 V each currently limited to 140 mA
Test Point Interface
96 pos. Female VME Eurocard connector-32 pos. loaded
- Test Station: 2.0 GHz min. processor speed, Windows 10® Pro or Windows 11® Pro, 15 GB hard drive space, 4 GB RAM, 256 MB min. video memory, 1024 x 768 min display resolution, sound (for audible feedback), USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
- Optional Network Database Server: As above except no sound or USB ports required. Windows 10 Pro®, Windows 11 Pro®, Windows Server 2012®, Windows Server 2016®, Windows Server 2019®
115 / 230 V 50/60 Hz
Dimensions (width x height x depth)
17.4 x 6.3 x 17.4 in. (44.1 x 16.0 x 44.2 cm)
Note, all dimensions are are rounded up from their real measurements.
42 lbs (19kg) (fully loaded base or expansion unit)
CH2 Base Unit (CCH2-BU)
CH2 Expansion Scanner Chassis (CCH2-SC)
CH2 160-Point Test-Point Scanner (CCH2-SA)
Each CH2 Expansion Unit can accommodate up tp five 160-point scanners.
CH2 Energization Unit (CCH2-ES)
- Energize lamps, LEDs, relays or other devices needing external power
- Connected to a CH2 test system using the same cable as a standard expansion box
- Design your test to accommodate a wide variety of external power needs using Easy-Wire software
- Power supply port on the back of the box to plug in your selected power supply
- Optional Programmable Power Supply
- Adjust voltages to multiple values within one test program
- Energization Points: 160 – 800 Points (in 160 pt. increments)
- Max Current: 2 AMPs
- Fixed Voltage Supplies: 5, 12, 15, 24, 28, & 48 Volts
- Agilent Variable Supply: 0 to 60 Volts
- Interfacing to E-Unit: Standard AC61-KF cabling
Advanced Test Instructions (AI-TESTER)
Provide full control over the measurement test voltage and current.
- Add-in set of test instructions to expand the capability of the tester
- Integrate external meters, such as a Keithley 24xx series source meters or Agilent 344xx series DMMs to make high accuracy measurements using those instruments
- Integrate a variable power supply when using the Energization Module
- Different voltages for different applications in the same test program
- Test: Transzorbs, Zener Diodes, Gas Discharge Tubes etc.
- Test Relays: Single Coil, Multi Coil, Pull-in-voltages, Drop-out-voltages etc.
- Test Light/Indicators: Single Lamp to 60V, Multi Lamps up to 60V
- Test Leakage Current: Diodes, Transistors, MOSFET’s, Integrated Circuits, etc.
- Highly Accurate Voltage or Current Measurements: With integrated Keithley 2400 series meter
Digital IO (SIO-EW-CUS)
Turn on access to the built-in Digital IO, 10 Inputs / 10 Outputs, 30 V max, open collector.
Cirris Server (LANL-EW)
Provides a network database for all connector definitions and test programs. Strongly recommended to ensure compatibility between all test stations without importing and exporting. Additionally provides a centralized location for backup and test data access.
Cirris Tester Access API (CTA-EW)
Alternatively control the tester with a third part applications written in LabVIEW, Python, C, C#, C++ and Delphi.
OPC UA Server (OPC-EW)
Transmit tester status and test information in real time to other information systems or equipment.
CH2 Performance Check Kit (PCHK-C2)
Verify calibration with the performance check kit. The certificate of calibration included with a performance check kit is valid for two years.
Product Documentation & Software
Learn how to set up and operate your 8100 tester.
Easy-Wire Software controls the CH2 tester. If networking, the Cirris Server Software must be the same version as the Easy-Wire Station Software.
Supporting Documentation & Software
Allows testers running Easy-Wire to be networked together storing test programs and test data in a central network location. Software version must be the same version as your Easy-Wire install. Contact your Cirris salesperson to purchase and receive unlock password.
CH2 Advanced Instructions
8100 Performance Verification
Additional Documentation & Software
Scripting allows customization of the test process and reports. Scripting is an optional feature. Use Easy-Wire scripting when the tester is being controlled by Easy-Wire.
Cirris Tester Access API (CTA)
Allows the tester to be controlled by a third party application such as LabVIEW, C++, C#, Python, and Delphi.
Format Conversion Utility
This utility allows you to import test data from a spreadsheet or delimited text file.
CH2 Earth Ground Point Support (EGPS)
CH2 setup for testing devices that are connected to earth ground.
Allow your the tester to recognize an adapter cable and automatically map its test points.
CH2 Connector Saver
How to set up and use CH2 Connector Savers.
CH Hood Clip
Provides a strip interface connector to interface to individual Smart-Light adapters and not waste test points.
Traditional Cable Interface Demos
Training documentation that for traditional cable interface harness boards.
Training documentation that goes with harness boards that use Smart-Light interface cables.