Easy-Touch testers have the capabilities of a Signature tester, but have software that is similar to Easy-Wire™. Easy-Touch testers store test programs in their own individual databases. You can put your Easy-Touch testers on a network and share Easy-Touch files using the export/import function in Easy-Wire; however, this method can be tedious and inefficient.
Installing the 'Cirris Server Software' creates one central network server database for each Easy-Touch tester on your production floor.
One central database allows you to:
- Edit and manage test programs from one location.
- Manage security and login information for all users in one location.
- Back-up, repair, and reduce the size of the database.
- View all test reports and test data from any test station in your network.
Where do I install the 'Cirris Server Software'?
You have two options for installing 'Cirris Server Software.'
- Run the software directly on your company server.
- Run the software on a Windows based PC which is connected to your network.
So What Do I Do Next?
After you install 'Cirris Server Software', you attach each Easy-Touch tester to the network server database.
Less efficient: Peer to Peer network with separate databases:
Recommended: 'Cirris Server Software' network with one central database:
HOW TO: For detailed instructions on how to install the "Cirris Server Software" and attach Easy-Touch testers to the "Cirris Server Software" database, see the Easy-Touch I.T. Administration Addendum.