CTLWIN File Management Software
CTLWIN is the Windows version of our popular DOS based CTLynx software. CTLWIN is used to manage test programs and script files on 4200 series cable testers.
WARNING: Before upgrading to a new software version, always BACK-UP your existing test files and your existing database file.
With CTLWIN you can:
- Edit test programs to have custom file names instead of the default learned signatures.
- Change the default connector pin labels to match your cable documentation.
- Add LUA scripts and other custom components to your test programs. (Scripting sold separately)
- Modify your test files so they can be use with other Cirris tester models.
- Back-up the wirelist in your testers’ memory to a Windows PC or other external storage device.
How it Works:
The 4200 testers are designed to run without a PC. However, if you choose, you can load and execute the test programs directly from the CTLWIN software. CTLWIN does not show pass or failed results in the software. It does not print good or bad cable reports or get measured values test data.
What you will need to use CTLWIN:
- A Windows computer with users privileges to install software.
- A Serial port or USB-to-Serial converter.
- A standard Serial Cable (usually included with your tester)
- A Compatible Cirris testers: 4200, 4250
Please remember to always back-up your stored data before installing any software.