The Cirris 4250 cable tester combines the powerful Cirris OS software with the intuitive Cirris Adapter System to create a capable tester that can accurately analyze your cables for opens, shorts, miswires, and other errors.
It’s small footprint brings testing to your benchtop and is capable of testing wires with resistors, capacitors and diodes. With a 7″ color capacitive touch screen and wired or wireless ethernet, the 4250 makes testing easy and accessible.
The 4250 comes standard with 128 test points and can expand to 1024 test points in 128-point increments with expansion units.
Perform high voltage dielectric withstand (DW) and insulation resistance (IR) testing up to 1500 VDC (2000 VDC and 1000 VAC optional).
Compact & Expandable
Expansion boxes create up to 1024 test points (128 points per box). Small, lightweight, and self-contained for easy movement around production floor.
Test for opens, shorts, miswires, and intermittent errors including components such as resistors, diodes, and capacitors. Efficient algorithms reduce time spent on testing.
Cirris Adapter System
Add test points with expansion boxes in 128 point increments. Test up to a maximum of 1024 test points per station.
High voltage current and voltage are limited to add operator safety and protect the tested device.
Wired and wireless ethernet. Integrates with the Cirris Hub software to share test programs and network printers among multiple units.
Base Unit 128 points; expandable to 1,024 points in 128-point increments.
Low Voltage Test
- Voltage: 4 VDC max
- Current: 3 μA to 6 mA
- Resistance: 0.1 Ω to 100 kΩ ± 1% ± 0.1 Ω, 100 kΩ to 5 MΩ ± 10%
- Voltage: 4 VDC max
- Current: 1 mA to 1 A
- Resistance: 0.001 Ω to 10 Ω ± 2% ± 0.001 Ω
- Diodes: Silicon, LEDs, zeners with breakdown > 4 V
- Resistors:0.1 Ω to 100 kΩ ± 1% ± 0.1 Ω, 100 kΩ to 5 MΩ ± 10%
- Capacitors: 5 nF to 100 μF ±10% ± 0.02 nF
- Twisted Pairs: Verify proper pairing in twisted pair cables
High Voltage Test
Insulation Resistance Test
- Voltage: 100 to 1500 VDC ± 5% (2000 VDC optional), 50 to 100 VDC ± 5V
- Resistance: 5 MΩ to 1000 MΩ ± 10%
Dielectric Withstand Test
- Voltage: 100 to 1500 VDC ± 5% (2000 VDC optional, 50 to 1000 VAC optional), 50 to 100 VDC ± 5V
- Current Limit: 0.1 mA to 1.5 mA
- Max Capacitance Per Net: 150 nF @ 300 VDC, 90 nF @ 500 VDC, 45 nF @ 1000 VDC, 30 nF @ 1500 VDC, 9.5 nF @ 1000 VAC
- HV Energy Limit: 35 mJ
- HV Charge Limit: 45 μC
Max Points Per Net
4 Inputs* / 6 Outputs, 24 V max, open collector outputs
* 2 inputs are available only via scripting or Easy-Wire Software
Test Point Interface
Cirris Adapter System
- Display: 7” color graphical display with capacitive touch screen (800 X 480 pixel resolution)
- Interface Languages: English, German, Spanish, and French.
- Memory: Internal memory for test program storage (8GB or more)
- File transfer: Transfer test programs either by connecting directly to a PC or using a USB flash drive.
- Printing: Local label printing via serial port. Network printing via optional Cirris Hub™ software.
- Optional PC control: Additional advanced features via Easy-Wire® software
100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 1.2A
Dimensions (width x height x depth)
- Main Unit: 17.4 x 5.2 x 6.7 in. (44.1 x 13.2 x 17.0 cm)
- Add-on Box: 6.3 x 5.2 x 6.7 in. (16.0 cm x 13.2 cm x 17.0 cm)
Note: Dimensions are approximate. Contact factory for exact product dimensions.
- Main Unit: 11.35 lb (5.15 kg)
- Add-on Box: 5.00 lb (2.27 kg)
4250 Base Unit
Base Unit Voltage and Test Points
- 1500 VDC Base Unit with 128 points (C4250-1500)
- 1500 VDC Base Unit with 64 points (C4250-1564)
- 2000 VDC Base Unit with 128 points (C4250-2000)
4250 Expansion Unit
Increase the test point count in your system by adding up to seven expansion boxes for a maximum of 1024 test points. Seven add-ons can be mounted in one or two rows. An internal cable (CBL-1024) must be used when using seven expansion boxes.
- 1500 VDC 128 points (4250-E15)
- 2000 VDC 128 points (4250-E20)
4250 AC Option (AC1K-4250)
Adds AC high voltage capability up to 1000 VAC.
4250 Scripting Option (SCPT-4250)
Scripting can make your tester more flexible to customize a test process for a unique task. Examples for using scripts:
- Create complex tests that are easy for line workers to use.
- Provide extra control external devices such as lamps, hold-down clamps, markers, etc.
- Add flexibility when testing devices such as switches, gas fuses, zener diodes, bi-color diodes, etc.
- Interact with sensors to verify color and lighting of LEDs.
- Display operator prompts and messages.
- Hipot different nets at different voltages.
4250 PC Control (PCC-4250)
Control the 4250 using a Windows PC running Easy-Wire software. Easy-Wire license required.
Easy-Wire Software (SOFT-EW)
Provides added capability to control the 4250 tester. 4250 PC Control required.
Cirris Server Software (LANL-EW)
Use Easy-Wire software to share test information on a network.
4250 Data Collection (SPC-4250)
Allows the 4200 to save test data which can then be imported into a spreadsheet or third party SPC data processing program. You can use the data to analyze and improve product quality or to generate reports for either your customers or in-house management team. Data collection must also be enabled to show measured values on reports when using Easy-Wire software.
4250 Performance Verification Kit (PCHK-4250)
Allows you to verify the calibration and proper functionality of the 4250 tester.
Digital IO Expansion Module (DIO-MOD)
The 4250 Tester comes standard with four inputs and six outputs. The Digital IO Expansion Module increases IO capability with 20 pins that can be configured to either inputs or outputs, and eight output-only pins. Use Digital I/O to add automation devices, such as start buttons, clamping mechanisms, status lights and audio output.
Product Documentation & Software
4200 Series Getting Started Guide
Get your tester set up and run your first test.
4200 Series User Manual
Learn all about your tester.
4200 Series with Easy-Wire Getting Started Guide
Getting your tester up and running when controlling it with the optional Easy-Wire software.
Supporting Documentation & Software
4200 Migration Guide
If you want to use test programs from the Cirris 1100, Touch1, or Easy-Touch testers, read this document.
Allows the user to see tester status, share test programs, edit tests, and print to network printers. The Cirris Hub interface can be accessed on a network PC or mobile device.
This executable installs both the 42XX Security Utility that allows you to restrict menu access on the tester, and the 42XX Download Utility to update the tester firmware.
If you are not using Easy-Wire to control your 42XX tester, and you have Data Collection enabled on your tester, this software allows export of collected test data to a spreadsheet program. Refer to the 4200 Series User Manual for more information.
Optional software that expands the 42XX tester features by allowing it to be controlled with the Easy-Wire Software on a connected PC. Easy-Wire software allows more options for test control, test archiving, and test reporting. If networking, the Cirris Server Software must be the same version as the Easy-Wire Station Software.
Allows testers running Easy-Wire to be networked together storing test programs and test data in a central network location. Software version must be the same version as your Easy-Wire install. Contact your Cirris salesperson to purchase and receive unlock password.
Digital IO Module
Digital IO allows you to set up automated actions to make the test process safer and more efficient.
4250 Performance Verification
Use this procedure with a Performance Verification kit to verify the calibration of your tester.
Additional Documentation & Software
Stand-Alone Scripting 4200 Testers
Scripting allows test customization of the test process and reports. Scripting is an optional feature that must be purchased. Stand-Alone scripting allows the scripting on the tester without the tester being controlled by Easy-Wire software.
Scripting allows customization of the test process and reports. Scripting is an optional feature. Use Easy-Wire scripting when the tester is being controlled by Easy-Wire.
Cirris Tester Access API (CTA)
Allows the tester, when controlled by Easy-Wire Software, to be controlled by a third party application such as LabVIEW, C++, C#, Python, and Delphi.
CTL Test Language
Enables you to control the tester through a serial or USB.